Covered Wagon

Name and Place

George Wilson moved to the Illinois territory in 1806 and settled at the Irish Settlement. He settled near the fork of Plum creek. When the war of 1812-14 began, he, with his neighbors, built a fort which stood about a mile from the east bank of the Kaskaskia, not far from the line between townships 4 and 5. After the War of 1812-14, George settled in the old fort, improving a farm in the neighborhood. In 1828, he moved to Heacock prairie, where he died in 1857. 

Origins

George was born in Abbeville, South Carolina.

Spouse

Children

George had five sons:

  1. John
  2. George
  3. William
  4. James
  5. Andrew

Offices Held

 

Military

War1812

George was a ranger in the war of 1812-14.  

Notoriety

 

References

  1. Combined History of Randolph, Monroe, and Perry Counties, Illinois, page 71